Using an Employee Timesheet Template in excel format is handy to track the employee working time on a weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly basis when wrapping up the payroll process. It is simple to customize your particular payroll proceedings using an employee timesheet.
The timesheet includes pay rate, overtime, overtime rate, and a column for sick and vacations records. Ask your employees to have a daily timesheet log to make it easier for you to record their daily activities.
Employee Timesheet Template
This employee timesheet excel template allows you to create one file for all employees to track their activities and speedily count their total payroll. Making a timesheet is important to record employee’s working days and total time.
As this sheet template is customizable, you can add another row for separate pay rates and overtime hours. The template contains pre-built formulas to instantly calculate the total payroll.
Finding out the payroll details of your employees becomes simple by creating a sheet. If you don’t track your employees working time, you are pushing money away from you. Employees of a company can take advantage of the company’s trust if they don’t record their working hours. So, choosing a professional excel timesheet template is crucial to don’t let your employees take advantage.
Why Employee Timesheet Template
The Employee Timesheet Template also lets the managers have a better performance evaluation of the employees and compare their work with the presence they have shown up.
As a matter of fact, it is not a sole tool to measure the performance of the working capacity and the efficiency of completing a task is some other factor that helps to evaluate the performance. But, on the basic ground presence is something that really matters in the professional field.
If you have a competitive employee who is best in performing and completing the task on time or before time; but he didn’t show up more often at the workplace and in an emergency, you could not have your best with you then you are at loss.
Why We Use Employee Timesheet Template
These are the reasons why you should use a timesheet.
- Timesheet makes it easy to keep correct records of payroll and pay them appropriately. If you are an organization and have a large workforce to track, having mistakes in payroll is quite common. You can overpay the employees you don’t have correct records.
- Keeping a record of workers’ attendance and how they spend their time while working, you can get a feel for how they are performing. This can help you find any problem that might block working efficiency.
- Timesheet records are helpful to settle conflicts and controversies. Occasionally some employees can demand more pay for the time they allegedly worked or they can claim for more working hours than they really did. They can add time to their sheet without verifying the superintendent to determine if it’s ok. With a paper trail, their words are pointless.
- Both organizations and employees need a correct record of their time to issue accurate payments. Filling out employee sheets hourly or daily to track certain tasks is helpful to calculate working hours precisely.
- It is easy to record overtime precisely. Almost in every state, you have to pay your employees for overtime for any hours over 40 hours a week. Documenting every hour of overtime is important. A correct timesheet can assure you of this.
How to Manage Employee Timesheet?
It’s very simple to manage your whole staff working schedule and their roaster by using different management tools and techniques. Most of these tools can easily use in excel format. However, some companies are using customized highly paid software, where the number of employees is more than 100-120.
But if you have less than 70 employees, you do not need to worry about it, you can use this free management tool for your project or business management. Just follow these rules to manage a timesheet!
- keep your employee’s attendance record save
- Save your staff leave record
- Put all data on above mention sheet according to define columns and rows
- Avoid Duplicating
- After inserting data make it double-check for an error-free result
- Keep your timesheet simple.
- Train your employees to make sure every worker is on the same
- Make sure it is easy to submit.
- Send out reminders to reduce the number of late submissions of the timesheet.
- Having an easy coding system to remember and use.
Example of Employee Timesheet Template Excel
The Employee Attendance format is just like a random attendance sheet that we experience in our school life mostly and college life too. It is not a hard science to maintain but involves some of the core columns, and options in order to get the data simple and organized too.
Most importantly along with the signature of the employee, there are the following things that are present in the format of the sheet:
- Walk-In the time of the employee
- Walk Out time of the employee
- Midday breaks or outdoor visits during office hours
- Signature of the employee
To sum things up, having a timesheet system is the best to find where your employees are investing time. This tool will help you to manage your employees with a professional approach and protects you from staff misbehavior or any other misconduct.
You can also find out some areas where you need to improve and fill the gaps that are blocking the productivity of your business. This timesheet template will provide you with a simple solution for your business. So, give it a try.